A Preeminent Criminal Defense Firm Based In Detroit
Mark J. Kriger was born in Detroit, Michigan. He received his Bachelors Degree from the University of Michigan graduating with high distinction. He graduated from Wayne State University Law School in 1979 and since his graduation from law school, he has practiced almost exclusively criminal defense. He is an experienced trial and appellate lawyer. He has argued cases before the Michigan Supreme Court, the Michigan Court of Appeals, and the United States Courts of Appeals for the Sixth and Tenth Circuits.
He has tried cases in throughout the State of Michigan and has handled cases in several other states and federal courts. He has lectured at the University of Michigan Law School, Wayne State University Law School, Michigan State University Law School, and the University of Detroit Law School. He has also worked with University of Michigan Law School Innocence Clinic and is a volunteer lawyer for the ACLU of Michigan.
He is listed in Super Lawyers in the area of White Collar Defense and is listed in Best Lawyers in Michigan. He, along with his partner, N.C. Deday LaRene was named Lawyer of the Year in 2006 by Lawyers Weekly.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense - Trial and Appeals 100%
- Michigan, 1979
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 1979
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1984
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1997
- Wayne State University Law School, Detroit, Michigan
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: With honors
Honors and Awards
- Lawyer of the Year 2006- Lawyers Weekly
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Criminal Defense Attorney of Michigan
- National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
Pro Bono Activities
- A.C.L.U. of Michigan, 2000 to 2013